Well, well I got caught up in all kind of things for the past few weeks. I know, I know even I got into the rapture fever. I must say even I enjoyed the coming of the rapture. The jokes were numerous. “Mi nah pay mi credit card bill cuz di rapture a come!” I digress. Bin Laden gone…. Things that make you go hmmm.
Now for the last few weeks I have been doing more reading of blogs than writing. I must say that for the most part I enjoyed them all. The views expressed are articulate and thought provoking. With that said I will introduce my topic for this ya blog. “Let me tell you about me”. Now in the past few weeks I have been told by more than one person that they know me! Cho… you really think so; well I don’t. So I’m going to use these “pages” to just put out some quirky information about the JamaicanZ that few know. Should I use bullets….hmm yea why not!
- My favorite meal: Well that’s a tough one. If it’s fried count me in, but as I type this post my knee jerk reaction is to say Lasagna. Yes cheese filled, artery clogging, Lasagna. Hmmm yummy!
- What do I listen to (What is on my IPod playlist?): Well I have all the usual; Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Wayne Wonder, Queen Ifrica, Agent Sasco etc. However my favorite two albums of all time are Mystic Revealers Space and time and Sting Fields of gold. Simply awesome. Oh just as a side note the new riddims called OMG and Island Vibes…. MADDDDD! Also, do listen to Ayo.
- Gear: Well everyone knows that I do shorts, t-shirt and sneakers all day every day. However did you know that I’m most comfortable in jeans and a button up shirt? Oh watches that’s my thing. A young lady told me years ago that a man is not dressed until he has put on his watch. I agree. If you have only one “fine” item on, make it your watch.
- What am I reading other than blogs: Well right now I’m reading Jamaican authors. I’m in the middle of the Crocodile by Anthony Winkler; I’m also re-reading Animal Farm.
- What am I drinking: Well, my everyday drink is most definitely Appleton Special and Pepsi. However, if I had a choice I would be drinking Watermelon Cosmopolitans. Yep I said it. I love cosmos. *licks lips*. For shots it’s a drink called a red headed slut. You heard right. Years ago I would always start off my night of drink with a shot of the “Red Headed Slut”. I prefer the variation which includes equal parts Jägermeister, Southern Comfort, Crown Royal, and cranberry-flavored vodka. As for hot drinks Cafecito (Cuban Expresso) it is. Its a pain to make but wow! Dat sweet and strong coffee reminds me of something hmmmm…. let me not get off topic.
- General quirky stuff: Hmmm, let me just reel off some obscure stuff. I prefer hammocks over beds. I like a good heated conversation, there is nothing like a woman in heels, lychee and vanilla ice cream, Catch chocolate bars are the finest chocolate bars ever made, rain on a zinc roof makes me sleep like a baby.
Ok I hope that was informative. I will endeavor to blog more regularly. Oh one more side note. My Daughter graduates High School this week. Now bad man nuh cry but…. She has made me so proud! Thank you Miss D for being a shining star! I love you baby.